Sunday, October 10, 2010

Windows problems with heavily loaded machine

Mixing boot device
I have a 3 HDD machine now, one of which is IDE drive. IDE drive is original drive on machine. Other two are SATA drives. Even though no OS exists on IDE drive as well as both drives in it are formatted, windiws continue to keep critical boot loading files in this hard disk. Removing this results in boot failure. I am still searching for the soultion after banging my head for around 8 hours. Lets see when that solution comes? Some blog post are offering solutions, but need to be in correct bend of mind to pursue them.

Unable to recognize USB ports.
Once I attached 3rd HDD which is SATA, windows stopped recognizing any USB ports except those used for mouse & keyboard. All front and back USB went bad and haywire. FInally, I had to go into BIOS and do "Load default optimized settings" which turned off VT support. This is intel DP8545SG motherboard. But, USB started getting recognized after that. After that, I enabled VT support and things are still fine. Let see how long, since seagate manager still has issue recognizing external HDD when opened. Some delay seems to be there.

No comments: